2empowerFM Hash Generator Stores Passwords Safely
A hash is a short sequence of characters that uniquely represents a piece of text. Changing any part of the text will change its hash.
Store the hash of one field or the concatenation of many fields to determine when any of them have been altered. This can be used for security or to determine when changed records in two databases need to be synchronized.
When a hash is "strong", it's virtually impossible to calculate what text created it. Therefore, if you store a strong hash of a password instead of the password itself, only the hash can be stolen, but the hash won't reveal the password. To verify a password, just compare its hash to the hash you stored.
2empowerFM Hash Generator supports TR1, MD5, SHA1, SHA256, and SHA512 (one of the strongest hashing methods available) and uses well-tested, third-party hashing libraries.
About the 2empowerFM Plugin Suite
Developed for internal use at The Children's Nature Institute in 2006, this suite of FileMaker plugins is well-tested, saves development time, automates repetitive tasks, and creates an easier user interface for staff. Now with full-time development and support, and packed with no-nonsense, real-world features, see how our plugins can empower your FileMaker solutions.
* Create Dialogs with unlimited controls: buttons, stylized text, menus, and more
* Search to find a string in the Script Manager or Define Database windows
* Draw on your layout to create conditional buttons, hints in empty fields, multi-level and left/right/bottom facing tabs, and more
* Show record type or warning conditions by re-coloring parts of your layouts
* Print "hands free" with scriptable printer selection and control of options
* Use global or per-layout hotkeys to start or resume scripts
* Pop-up multi-level menus anywhere - use them to replace rows of buttons
* Regular expression search and replace in strings with advanced Perl-compatible syntax
...and much more.
For more information, visit www.dracoventions.com/products/2empowerFM